Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Little Nuts

In every hour I can find, I've been sneaking off with my D-18 and a book of music manuscript paper and working on songs for "Roses and Hope." I'm a little nuts about this project--there's even a tinge of desperation to it. I feel like I have to get it done before something stops me. A week ago I asked a good and generous friend if he was willing to be a patron of the arts again. (Public interest in this thing needs to reach a "tipping point" soon for the project to go forward.) He asked me to get back to him in a few days. I've had some trouble getting through, and don't have an answer yet.

This is the "nuts" part: I actually put it off some, thinking I first needed to finish writing the songs I'd started, because if he and his wife were unwilling or unable to help, I might lose heart. Still, with no answer, I knew yesterday afternoon that I have to write a wonderful love song, and woke up today knowing the imagery and how the song should feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment